UPVC has been extensively utilised in the construction industry for over 50 years. UPVC stands for Un-plasticised Polyvinyl Chloride and was first discovered in 1935. Over the years it has been tried and tested and improved over and over and over again. All our UPVC profiles are 100% lead free (unlike many UPVC windows systems on the market today) so are much more environmentally friendly.
The key benefits of UPVC are as follows:
– Does not rot or decompose
– Is very weather resistant and requires minimal maintenance
– Easily withstands normal UK weather conditions
– Is very tough and durable and does not damage easily
– Is very strong and secure and therefore resistant to intruders
– Boasts fully welded joints which are very strong and weatherproof
– Can be made into wide-ranging designs and styles
– Available in multi chambered profiles for high efficiency
– Can be recycled
– Comes with a 10 year guarantee
The above benefits mean that UPVC is an obvious consideration when contemplating replacing your existing doors and windows. It offers and delivers many benefits that its main rival, timber, cannot.